Select a location below:
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts & Nevis
United Arab Emirates
Predominant features and advantages:
- Rapid company incorporation (up to 24 hours) via Anguilla’s Commercial Online Registration Network (ACORN)
- Attractive annual maintenance fees – http://www.commercialregistry.ai/pdf/Schedule-of-Fees-and-Penalties.pdf
- Option to choose between 3 types of business structures. Clause 6, Сompanies Act: Anguilla Business Company could be:
– A company limited by shares
– A company limited by guarantee
– A company limited by both shares and guarantee
- No need for annual filing, accounting, reporting, or auditing – Сlause158 – Annual filling. Last day of the calendar quarter in which the anniversary of company incorporation to Registrar; Financial Disclosure (Division 6) – only for public companies.
- Names and information of shareholders, beneficial owners and directors are not part of public records, those details remain anonymous and confidential – Clause157, Companies Act Access to records, the shareholder and directors can inspect Register of Members/Directors.
- Well established communication system (internet, WiFi, phone lines).
- There are no income, capital gains, estate, profit or other forms of direct taxation on either individuals or corporations, whether resident in Anguilla or not.
- No disclosure of Beneficial Ownership to Authorities.
- Neutral tax jurisdiction.
- Tax Information Exchange Agreements with the listed countries (TIEAS) – http://www.internationaltaxtreaty.com/treaty/anguilla
- There are no Double Taxation Treaties with other countries.
- There is no minimum Authorized Share Capital requirement for Anguillan companies.
- A deposit of a paid-up capital is not required.
- The maximum Share Capital has no limitation.
- There are currently three types of business structures in Anguilla:
– An ordinary corporation or company
– An IBC
– A Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Predominant features and advantages that Belize offers for international business:
- Belize legal system is based on the English Common Law – http://www.ifsc.gov.bz/legislation/
- Belize has one of the fastest IBC Registry in the world, incorporation takes 1 day.
- Belize offshore IBC is exempt from all local taxes with only a few simple pre-requisites – generally, Belize IBC must not conduct business within the territory of Belize (but it may enter into business with other Belize IBC`s). A Belize IBC may pursue specific financial activities such as trust business, banking, insurance and investment management, but it needs to obtain a specific licensing for that purpose.
- Belize offshore IBC is not required to file tax returns or other type of declaration to the government in respect to sources of income.
- Information about beneficial owners, shareholders, directors and officers is not filed with the Belize government, and not available to the public.
- Offshore IBC could open and hold accounts in any currency in banks located in and outside of Belize.
- Belize Tax Information Exchange Agreements: https://www.world.tax/countries/belize/belize-tax-information-exchange-agreements.php
- IBC is not subject to any tax or duty on income or profits (provisions are provided by Article 130 of the Belize IBC Act).
- Belize International Business Companies are not obliged to prepare or file any financial accounts.
- A Belize International Business Company is also exempt from any stamp duty on its transactions.
- There are no requirements to make any commercial or financial records of the Company available to the general public.
- The country is not blacklisted or considered as a high risk or non-cooperative jurisdiction by Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD http://www.fatf-gafi.org/countries/#high-risk).
- Belize is independent country, member of well recognized political organizations, such as of the British Commonwealth, United Nations and Organization of American States.
- Easy access to the NAFTA members – Mexico, USA and Canada by land, sea and air.
British Virgin Islands
Predominant features and advantages that BVI offers for BVI Business Company:
- No currency controls. A BVI Business Company is exempt from the BVI income tax, all dividends, interest, rents, royalties, compensations, capital gains realised with respect to any shares, debt obligations or other securities of the company.
- No estate, inheritance, succession or gift tax is payable with respect to any shares, debt obligations or other securities of a BVI BC.
- All transactions and instruments relating to transfers of any type of property of assets, shares, debt obligations or securities to or by a BVI BC are exempt from the stamp duty (except for land-ownership transactions in the BVI, in which case stamp duty remains payable).
- A British Virgin Islands Business Company has separate legal personality.
- Confidentiality is one of the key attributes of the BVI Business Company as details of the company beneficial owners, directors and shareholders are NOT publicly disclosed. Register of Members, Register of Directors and all Minutes and Resolutions by the Company are kept only at the offices of the Registered Agent in complete confidentiality.
- The only documents held on public record are the Memorandum and Articles of Association, but these normally do not contain any indication as to the actual shareholders, directors or the beneficial owners of the company.
- Since 2005, there is no requirement to specify the operational objects of the BVI Business Company in the foundation documents of the Company (Memorandum and Articles of Association).
- The shareholder’s or director’s meetings need not be held in the British Virgin Islands.
- There is no requirement for an Annual General Meeting
- Books and records of the company can be maintained anywhere in the world.
- No requirements for filing annual returns, preparing and submitting accounts, auditing.
- No need to get certification of the minutes of meeting or the shares book.
- No minimum or maximum share capital requirement.
- Registered shares are available. They can be acquired and held by the company itself. Share registers are available only for registered shareholders or by order of the BVI Court.
- Directors can protect assets by transferring the assets of the company to the trustees, another company or other legal entities.
- Security of assets, i.e. the ability to protect assets from third parties, including tax authorities of your home country, possibility to transfer domicile or transfer assets to another country or another corporate entity including trust, foundation, association or partnership.
- Low Government fees and costs.
Predominant features and benefits of utilising Cyprus IBC:
- A limited Liability Company is the most popular type of Cyprus offshore companies.
- Local companies and International Business Companies are taxed at the same corporation tax rate, the lowest corporate Income Tax in Europe of 12.5%.
- Cyprus resident an International Business Company (IBC) will pay a tax of 12.5% on its net profits. An IBC is resident if its management and control is in Cyprus. Management and control is usually determined by the place of residence of the majority of the directors and the place where board meetings take place. Full advantage of the Cyprus double-tax treaty network can be taken by resident IBCs.
- Tax Exemptions: the following are exempt from corporate income tax in a while amount: Interest income arising in the ordinary course of business including interest closely connected with the carrying on of the business, and interest earned by open-ended or close-ended collective investments schemes, is not considered interest income and is not exempt; Dividend income/ Gains from the disposal of securities including the redemption of units or other ownership interests in an open-ended and closed ended collective investment scheme; /Profits from permanent establishments maintained outside the Rep. of Cyprus / Rent of Preserved building.
- Deductions: All expenses incurred wholly and exclusively for the production of income are deductible from taxable income, including: Interest incurred for the acquisition of a fixed assets used in the business/ Expenditure for the maintenance of buildings under preservation order/Donations/Profits from exploitation of products of intellectual property (%80), Employer’s contribution to approved funds on employees’ salaries.
- The confidentiality and anonymity of beneficial owners is effectively protected (their true identity is only disclosed to local banks if a local account is opened. No information is disclosed to any third parties, except in the case of a duly authorized criminal investigation (into drugs, terrorism, etc.)).
- It is not necessary for you to come to Cyprus to establish your International Business Company if you employ nominee services. Nominees can also open bank accounts on your behalf.
- If you do not use nominee services, you will need to come to Cyprus to incorporate a Cyprus IBC. This is another reason why it is advantageous to use nominees.
- There is no minimum capital requirement. The money for the company’s share capital does not have to be paid in a bank account of the company.
- Advantageous tax regime for Cyprus holding entities, including no tax on consolidation. When a Cyprus holding company disposes shares to the subsidiary or another one of the associated companies there is no tax liability.
- No taxation on inward or outward dividends and no Capital Gain Tax (CGT) on sales of securities.
- Entities are required to file every year and have an audit completed.
Predominant features and advantages of Hong Kong Limited Liability Company:
- Legislation – http://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/ – Securities and Futures Commission.
- Setting up a Hong Kong company is easy and straightforward, unnecessary bureaucracy or red-tape is significantly minimized. Low cost of incorporation and maintenance.
- Hong Kong taxes are among the lowest in the world.
- Corporate tax rate 16.5%.
- There is no capitals gains tax, no VAT/GST, net worth tax, no estate duty.
- No withholding tax on dividends or interest and royalty.
- Hong Kong has Territorial taxation system. Foreign sourced income is exempt from tax in Hong Kong.
- There are no foreign exchange controls.
- Favorable foreign ownership policy – no restrictions on the use of foreigners as Shareholders or Directors, 100 per cent foreign ownership is permitted.
- New companies Ordinance requires at least one individual to act as Director of a private company starting from 2013.
- No minimum requirements for share capital.
- Foreign dividends are not subject to Hong Kong income tax.
- Tax credits for foreign tax paid are available in Hong Kong, subject to some conditions.
- Hong Kong has an excellent international and local banking system and communications infrastructure.
- Private limited company incorporation takes approximately 4-7 days.
- Hong Kong is not a tax haven but a low tax jurisdiction, which has committed itself to the international standard on tax information and exchange.
- Double Tax Treaties. Hong Kong has established comprehensive Double Taxation Avoidance treaties with the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mainland China, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Thailand, UK, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam etc.
Predominant features and advantages of Marshall Islands Company:
- Legislation – https://rmiparliament.org/cms/images/LEGISLATION/PRINCIPAL/1990/1990-091A/LimitedLiabilityCompanyActof1996_1.pdf
- Excellent privacy protection allowing any person to control a company without their name disclosed in the public records, which can be achieved by utilising bearer shares, nominee directors and a power of attorney.
- Zero taxation on all income, profits, dividends, royalties, compensation or other related sources of revenue for companies registered by non-residents and receiving its income outside the jurisdiction.
- Shareholder and director registers are not publicly available.
- At incorporation of Marshall Islands Offshore Company is required to disclose details of the Beneficial Owner to the Registering Agent, but this information is not in the public registry.
- Employees, directors and shareholders of non-resident Marshall Islands companies are free from personal income tax.
- Any onshore business conducted in the Marshall Islands is liable to a gross revenue tax of $80.00 per annum on the first $10,000.00 and 3 per cent of the gross revenue in excess of $10,000.00 per annum.
- There is no public registrar of companies thus the confidentiality is exceptionally enhanced.
- The bearer shares are permitted.
- Annual financial reporting and auditing is not required.
- Marshall Islands has no double tax treaties.
- The minimum issued share capital is either one share of par value or one share of no par value.
- Maximum Share Capital is unlimited, but additional government fees apply for share capital over US $50,000 or 500 shares of no par value.
- No minimum Paid Up capital.
- TIEA Netherlands/Islands – https://www.world.tax/comparisons/identify-tax-treaties.php
- It is one of the few jurisdictions where the offshore company can be taken public; can raise capital from the public.
Predominant features and advantages of Panama Corporation:
- Panamanian International Business Corporations (IBC’s) and Private Interest Foundations do not pay tax on any of their income.
- Panama does not impose any reporting requirements for non-resident Panamanian corporations.
- No minimum capital requirements. A corporation may operate without any issued share capital (The standard capitalization for a Panama Corporation is US$10,000.00).
- Par and Non-par Value Shares, voting and non-voting shares, as well as various other categories and classes of shares are allowed.
- Reduction or elimination of income taxes.
- No inheritance, succession or gift taxes.
- No annual tax return requirements.
- Panama has no currency exchange controls or currency restrictions on monetary remittances abroad, including dividends, interests and royalties.
- No taxes on capital (stocks, bonds and other investments) held by Panamanian corporations.
- No accounts or annual summaries have to be filed with the Government, with the exception of the annual franchise tax filed by the registered agent.
- No limitations on the amount of import/export.
- All Panamanian companies must appoint a registered agent, but there is no requirement for a local registered office. This function usually is performed by a local attorney.
- Information about owners of the company remains confidential and is not kept on public record.
- There must be at least three directors, no requirements as to the number of shareholders, and no nationality restrictions. The names and addresses of these directors is part of the public record and therefore nominee directors are usually appointed at incorporation.
- A Stock Register must be kept by law. The register contains the names, place of domicile and date of acquisition of shareholders, other than the holders of Bearer Shares. This register may be held anywhere in the world.
- The name of the corporation can be expressed in any language and shall include a word, phrase or abbreviation to indicate that it is a corporation as distinguished from a natural person or partnership. The most common endings include S.A, Corp., Incorporated, Inc.
- The laws of the Republic of Panama only permit the submissions of accounting records, files, correspondence or other documents to foreign authorities with the express permission of the Courts of Panama. Information sharing treaties are limited to drug-related offences. All other revelations are prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
- Double Taxation Treaties with Barbados, Ireland, Luxemburg, Netherlands.
- It is not necessary for the interested parties to be present in Panama for the purpose of establishing a corporation.
- Corporations conducting business outside of Panama do not require a commercial license for offshore business activities.
- Local Government concessions, subsidies and support.
Predominant features and advantages of international business companies in Samoa:
- Legislation – SIFA – Samoa International Finance Authority – http://www.sifa.ws/
- Companies incorporated under the International Companies Act of 1987 are not liable to pay any income or corporation tax.
- No filing of accounts or submitting annual returns is required.
- The law protects the confidentiality of the beneficial owner and the offshore companies.
- Samoan legislation also offers asset protection in a section of the Act (Section 228(B)), whereby a member can elect that his shares in the company can be automatically vested in a specific person on the occurrence of a specified event, such as foreign expropriation or court order.
- An International Company has all the powers of a natural person. It may acquire, hold, dispose or deal with any other company association or business.
- Samoan statutory limitation for a creditor to petition the court for the reinstatement of a corporation previously struck off is only 2 years.
- Low Government fees for re-domiciliation.
- There are no Foreign Exchange controls. No TIEA (Tax Information Exchange Agreement).
- The names and corporate documents of an International Company may be in any language.
- No disclosure of Beneficial Ownership to Authorities.
- The usual authorised share capital is US$ 1,000,000, which may be expressed in any currency. The minimum issued capital is one share of no par value or one share of par value.
- Registered shares of par or no par value, preference shares, redeemable shares, shares with no voting rights and discounted shares are available.
- A company is required to maintain financial records, which reflect the financial condition of the company.
- Registered Office is required to be maintained in Samoa at the address of the licensed agency.
Predominant features and advantages of Seychelles IBC:
- Financial Services Authority – http://www.fsaseychelles.sc/
- IBC is not required to have any minimum paid-up capital. Any amount of authorized capital can be determined in the IBC formation documents, as preferred by the subscribers and there are no mandatory timeframes as to when such capital must be paid up. The capital structure of a Seychelles IBC can be extremely flexible and can accommodate versatile business needs.
- Seychelles IBCs are not subject to tax on income or profits.
- 20 year tax exempt starting the day of its incorporation
- Exempt from stamp duties on transfer of property and any exchange controls.
- Directors and shareholders are not in the public record, and this information is completely confidential.
- They do not require to prepare or to file the accounts.
- When incorporating a new IBC, the Registrar of Companies does not require any data on who is the ultimate beneficial owner of the new company. This information is revealed to the licensed agent of the company and is kept on the internal files together with Register of Members, Register of Directors, Minutes and Resolutions. The only documents of a Seychelles IBC that are held on public record are the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association and they do not indicate who the actual shareholders or the beneficial owners of the company.
- New IBC`s are usually incorporated within 24 hours.
- Where any foreign governmental authority, by way of nationalisation, expropriation, confiscation, force or duress, or by imposition of any confiscatory tax, assessment or other governmental charge, takes or seizes any shares or other interest in a Seychelles IBC, a Seychelles court decision may be obtained ordering the company to disregard the attempted seizure and continue to respect the rights of the shareholder of the Seychelles IBC.
- Seychelles is not subject to EU Savings Tax Directive.
- Residents of Seychelles may hold the shares of an IBC registered in the Seychelles.
- There are no foreign exchange controls and funds can be moved freely in and out of The Seychelles.
Saint Kitts & Nevis
Predominant features and advantages of Saint Kits and Nevis:
- Legislation – http://www.nevisfsrc.com/
- Express Incorporation may be achieved in 24 hours – Section 25 of the NBCO – online procedure.
- Re-domiciliation of other foreign companies into and out of Nevis.
- There are no limitations on corporate ownership.
- Exemption from all local taxes and stamp duty (0%).
- A company that carries on business exclusively with persons who are not resident in St. Kitts-Nevis is exempt from all income, capital gains and withholding taxes (0%).
- Nevis permits sole director IBC’s.
- There is no minimum share capital requirement.
- Income Taxes: the companies are exempt from all types of taxation if they do not generate any income from the territory of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Directors – at least one director (can be the same as the shareholder). Director may be an individual or company resident of any country.
- Shareholders – at least one shareholder. A Shareholder may be an individual or a company, resident of any country.
- Share capital can be filled in any recognized currency.
- The identity of beneficial owners and shareholders are not required for public record.
- Bearer shares are permitted with the approval of the Registrar of Corporations.
- Minimum 1 USD paid-up share capital.
- The Registered Agent must maintain custody of the bearer share certificate on behalf of the beneficial owner and must maintain a register of each bearer share.
- Meetings – there is no requirement to hold annual meetings of the directors and members.
Predominant features and advantages of Singapore Company:
- Legislation – http://www.mas.gov.sg/
- Straightforward and easy offshore company incorporation in only 1 or 2 days. Well developed computerized company incorporation system facilitates the process to be rapid, significantly reducing the red tape.
- Tax rates for corporations are still relatively low where profits of up to $300,000 will have a tax rate of only 8.5% while those exceeding said profit is capped at a flat rate of 17%. However, if the income coming from a foreign source is received in Singapore and meets certain qualifying conditions, then the company does not have to pay any taxes.
- A newly formed company is also 0 % exempt from paying taxes on the first 100K annual profits for its first three years given that it meets certain requirements such as having a maximum of 20 shareholders where are least one shareholder owns 10% of the shares.
- Singapore companies are taxed at a rate of 22% on income generated in Singapore; foreign income is not taxed at all.
- Singapore Companies are taxed at a lower rate than personal income.
- All companies to enjoy approx. 8.5% corporate tax rate for profits up to 300K.
- Overall company tax rate lowered to flat 17%.
- There is no Singaporean capital gains tax.
- Specific licenses are required for specific businesses (e.g. Tour Operators requires license from Singapore Tourism Board).
- Relaxed immigration and foreign ownership policy allows 100% foreign shareholdings in all sectors. If you require settling perpetually in the country, Singapore has lenient immigration procedures which makes it simple to obtain Permanent Residence Status.
- Singapore does not levy a withholding tax on dividends. Interest, royalties or rental of equipment payments to non-residents are subjects to a 15% withholding tax.
- Dividends paid by a Singapore Private Limited Company are tax exempt.
- The Singapore tax system is territorial. Income tax is levied on the net income of companies from sources within Singapore and on foreign source income if remitted into Singapore. Non-resident Singapore companies and businesses are taxed on the same basis.
- Annual Accounts must be filed within 6 months of financial year end.
- Audit must be completed for non-exempt companies (where the shareholder is a Company) and for small exempt companies (shareholders are individuals) where turnover is more than S$5 Million;
- Small exempt companies are no longer required to audit their accounts but are still required to prepare the complete set of Directors’ Report according to the Standard Accounting Practice.
- Singapore Company must file annual company returns and income tax returns.
- Company’s Registered Office and licensed Secretary / Registered Agent must be domiciled in Singapore.
- Singapore has an extensive double taxation avoidance treaty network with more than 40 countries including Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, the Netherlands, New Zealand, People’s Republic of China, Philippines, Thailand, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- Two-Phase Implementation of Companies (Amendment) Act 2014.
- Trading restrictions: if duly licensed by the Singaporean authorities, a company may conduct the business of banking, insurance, reinsurance, fund administration and etc.
- “Small Company” Concept for Audit Exemption.
- To reduce the regulatory burden on small companies and move further towards a risk-based approach, a new small company concept will be introduced for exemption from statutory audit.
- The audit exemption applies to a company with respect to financial statements for a financial year.
- Requirement for auditors of public interest companies and their subsidiaries to obtain ACRA’s consent for premature resignation.
United Arab Emirates
Predominant features and advantages of UAE Company:
- Free Zones in Dubai and the other four Emirates offer an array of advantages to foreign entrepreneurs and investors who are looking to establish a company here.
- Has the highest per capita income in the world/ No foreign exchange control, quotas or trade barriers.
- Import duty is only 5% with exemptions/ 100% repartition of profits and capital.
- Globalized business community and regional Hub for major MNCs.
- No Income tax, Corporate tax and Withholding tax
- Mixed population and work force from all over the world (150+ countries).
- Stable currency (USD is pegged with local currency -1USD=3.66 Dirhams).
- Presence of biggest airports and seaports in the world.
- Presence E-Governance system/ State-of-the-art telecommunications.
- 100% taxation free.
- 100% ownership. No local UAE partner is needed for company formation.
- Liberal bank account opening and maintaining.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- Can access multicurrency bank accounts.
- There are no restrictions on currency usage.
- Easy availability of warehouse & virtual office facilities.
- Provides a UAE residence visa.
- Can avail local Free Zone facilities.
- No bureaucratic red-tapism.
- Easy availability of human force.
- Excellent infrastructure and abundant availability of energy resources.
- Owned premises or leased land can be mortgaged.
- Quick and precise incorporation procedure.